The State Council shall exercise its authority and carry out its functions through the following four main organs:
1. The Chairman, who oversees the Council operations and speaks on its behalf .
2. The Council Bureau , which sets plan of action to ensure order and coordination of work between the various activities of the Council committees. It is also considered as the driving force behind the Council and its other bodies.
3. Committees, which are considered to be the principal and basic engine of the Council`s activity as they initiate, within it, most of the council functions. They are the. The six standing committees of the Council are: Legal Committee, Economic Committee , Social Committee, Human Resources Development Committee, Education Committee and Culture and Media Committee.
4. The Council’s Secretariat General, plays a vital role covering the organizational, administrative and financial aspects of the Council. It is divided into three Assistant Secretariat Generals:
• Assistant secretariat general for sessions and committee affairs .
• Assistant secretariat General for Information and Research affairs.
• Assistant Secretariat General for Administrative and Financial affairs.